The CMRTO fees and amounts are set out in the CMRTO By-Law No. 23.
Fees are subject to the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST). Effective July 1, 2010, the HST rate is 13%. The information listed below uses an HST rate of 13%.
Some of the CMRTO's fees include:
|Annual (registration) fee
|Late registration fee, including penalties
($470.00 annual registration fee, $117.50 late fee)
|Application and evaluation fees
($100.00 application, $250.00 evaluation fee)
The annual registration fee is $531.10, which includes $61.10 HST. The initial registration fee is dependent on the date of registration and your birthday. You may calculate the fee owing using the fee calculator on the CMRTO website. The fee is the same for all members, and is not dependent upon the number of hours worked or the number of specialties. The CMRTO accepts payment by interac or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). CMRTO fees and penalties are non-refundable.
Annual (Registration) Fees
- The annual fee must be paid on or before your birthday each year. An annual renewal of registration notice will be sent to you no later than 30 days before your birthday.
- You must renew your registration online through the online Member & Applicant Portal.
- You may pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- You may pay by Interac Online (BMO, RBC, Scotiabank and TD Canada Trust).
- If a payment is received after your birthday, the registration fee including penalties is $663.88 ($470.00 fee, $117.50 late fee, $76.38 HST) provided that payment is received within three months of your birthday.
- If you do not pay within three months after your birthday (the due date), your certificate of registration will be suspended.
- To reinstate with the CMRTO following suspension you must pay a penalty equal to the annual fee and a re-registration fee equal to the annual fee prorated by the percentage of the year remaining to your birthday, provided that the prorated amount is no less than 50% of the annual fee, and meets the registration requirements of the CMRTO. The fee for reinstatement (including HST) following suspension will be no less than $796.65 and no more than $1062.20 depending upon your individual circumstances.
- The application fee for a certificate of registration is $113.00 ($100.00 fee, $13.00 HST) for each specialty.
- If your application requires an evaluation of your educational program by the Registration Committee, there is an evaluation fee of $282.50 ($250.00, $32.50 HST) in addition to the application fee.