Terms and Conditions of Use
This page states the "Terms and Conditions" under which you may use www.cmrto.org (the "Web Site"). The terms "You" and "User" as used herein refer to all individuals or entities accessing this web site for any reason. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated herein, do not use the Web Site. Use of the Web Site constitutes consent to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. The College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (the "CMRTO") may amend the Terms and Conditions at any time. Continued use of the Web Site constitutes consent to be bound by any and all amendments. If the Terms and Conditions are amended in some way that you find unacceptable, you should discontinue your use of the Web Site.
Use of Content
- The "Content" includes text, graphics, images and information provided on the Web Site.You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that the CMRTO creates to generate its pages. The HTML code is protected by the CMRTO's copyright.
The CMRTO authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Content on the Web Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute or display the Content (the copyright in which is owned by the CMRTO) in any manner not expressly authorized by these Terms and Conditions without the express written permission of the CMRTO.
- You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that the CMRTO creates to generate its pages. The HTML code is protected by the CMRTO's copyright.
The Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 ("RHPA") has mandated that the CMRTO have a register containing information about its members required under that Act and the by-laws of the CMRTO. The RHPA also requires that certain information in the register be made available to the public on the Web Site (the "Public Register"). The contact information for each member is provided by the member and is not verified by the CMRTO.
The purpose of the Public Register is to help the public identify that a person practising medical radiation technology in Ontario is a medical radiation technologist (MRT) registered with the CMRTO and determine that MRT's registration status. This information is not designed nor is it intended to be used for any other purpose, including marketing or research.
The CMRTO endeavours to update its Public Register within a reasonable time period, however, there may be a delay when updating information. For assistance in using the Public Register and/or finding information about a member, please contact the CMRTO.
The CMRTO endeavours to ensure that all of the information posted on the Web Site (including the Public Register) is accurate and complete. However, the CMRTO does not represent, warrant or guarantee that it is and accepts no liability or obligation relating thereto.
No Medical Advice
The Content of the Web Site is for informational purposes only. The Content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a qualified health provider because of any Content you have obtained from the Web Site.
- The Content of this Web Site is protected under both Canadian and foreign copyright, trade-mark and other laws. As between the User and the CMRTO, all Content is the property of the CMRTO. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all Content on this Web Site is the exclusive property of the CMRTO and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trade-mark, and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trade-mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content. You may not sell or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
- The trade-marks displayed on the Web Site are the property of the CMRTO or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these trade-marks without the prior written consent of the CMRTO or such third party which owns the trade-mark. "CMRTO" of the "College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario" and the logo of the CMRTO are trade-marks of the CMRTO.
Acceptable Site Use
- Users may not use the Web Site in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy Content (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation; (b) in a manner that will infringe the trade-mark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others; or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
- Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Web Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such User or, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing", (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The CMRTO will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
Specific Prohibited Uses
- Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Web Site or any activity being conducted on this site is prohibited.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Web Site other than generally available third party web browsers (such as, for example, Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer) is prohibited.
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Web Site is prohibited.
The CMRTO's Liability
Notwithstanding any other provision:
- The Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The CMRTO makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Web Site or the Content. The use of the Web Site and the Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Web Site and may be made at any time.
- The CMRTO does not warrant that the Web Site will operate error-free or that the Web Site and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the Web Site or the Content results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, the CMRTO is not responsible for those costs.
- The CMRTO does not warrant that the Content provided by it will be accurate, reliable, complete, free of errors, uninterrupted or that the Content will meet your needs or expectations. The CMRTO disclaims any and all warranties with respect to the Content provided on the Web Site, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose or non-infringement.
Disclaimer of Consequential Damages
Notwithstanding any other provision:
- In no event shall the CMRTO or any third parties mentioned on the Web Site be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption, resulting from the use or inability to use the Web Site and the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not the CMRTO is advised of the possibility of such damages.
No Resale or Unauthorized Commercial Use
- The User agrees not to resell or assign the User's rights or obligations under the Terms and Conditions. The User also agrees not to make any unauthorized commercial use of the Web Site.
- The CMRTO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue any and all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to immediate termination of your ability to access the Web Site or any other service provided to you by the CMRTO, upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. If the CMRTO should fail to enforce any right or provision in the Terms and Conditions, you agree that this failure does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision or of any other rights or provisions in the Terms and Conditions. If a court should find that one or more rights or provisions set forth in the Terms and Conditions are invalid, you agree that the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable and that, to the extent permitted by law, the court shall give effect to the CMRTO's and the User's intentions, as reflected in any such right or provision that has been declared invalid or unenforceable.
Indemnity and Release
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CMRTO, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all losses, expenses, liabilities, claims (including fines, penalties and interest thereon), costs (including legal costs on a solicitor and client basis) and damages alleging or resulting from your use of the Content or your breach of the terms of the Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to release the CMRTO, its officers, directors, employees and agents from any and against all losses, expenses, liabilities, claims (including fines, penalties and interest thereon), costs (including legal costs on a solicitor and client basis) and damages of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, that you may have against them arising out of or in any way related to such disputes. You hereby agree to waive all laws that may limit the efficacy of such releases.
- The CMRTO makes no claims that the Content may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of Canada. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Web Site from outside of Canada, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. The Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein (but without giving effect to any conflict of laws rules). Jurisdiction for any claims arising under the Terms and Conditions shall lie exclusively with the Courts of Ontario. Both the CMRTO and the User hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
- The headings of the Terms and Conditions are solely for convenience of reference and do not affect the interpretation thereof or define, limit or construe the contents for any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the CMRTO and the User with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersede any other agreement, proposals and communications, written or oral, between the CMRTO and the User with respect to the subject matter hereof; except that any other terms and conditions that may be located on the Web Site outside of the Terms and Conditions are incorporated herein by reference to the extent that they do not conflict with the Terms and Conditions.