As a medical radiation technologist or diagnostic medical sonographer practising the profession in Ontario, the CMRTO Practice Essentials ebook contains the essential information you need to provide safe, effective and ethical medical radiation technology services to your patients. Included in the ebook are the CMRTO revised Standards of Practice that came into effect on January 1, 2018.
As new CMRTO publications are developed or regulations are amended, we will update the ebook. All CMRTO publications are available on the website at www.cmrto.org. It is expected that the Medical Radiation Technology Act will be repealed and replaced with the Medical Radiation and Imaging Technology Act on January 1, 2019. All CMRTO publications will be revised during 2018 and replaced as appropriate.
You can download the complete Practice Essentials ebook by clicking the button below, or view any of the individual sections, pieces, or legislation by clicking on the links that follow.
CMRTO Practice Essentials
- Standards of Practice (2018) (French)
- Code of Ethics (2018) (French)
- Quality Assurance Program (2018)
- What you must know about ...
- College complaints, December 2011
- Communicating with patients, September 2014
- Health Care Consent Act, September 1997
- Mandatory reporting, updated October 2018
- Performing procedures for medical radiation and imaging technologists, November 2018
- Professional accountability, September 2015
- Professional accountability of MRTs during a work stoppage, updated November 2009
- Professional liability insurance, October 2013
- Guidelines for determining whether MRTs require professional ability insurance, October 2013
- Professional misconduct, updated May 2009
- Registration, June 2012
- Registration - Frequently Asked Questions, June 2012
- Sexual abuse, updated October 2005
Legislation and Regulations
- Medical Radiation Technology Act, 1991
- Regulations made under the Medical Radiation Technology Act, 1991
- General - Advertising and Quality Assurance (O. Reg. 375/12)
- Registration (O. Reg. 866/93)
- Professional Misconduct (O. Reg. 855/93)
- Prescribed Forms of Energy (O. Reg. 226/03)
- Regulations made under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991
- Controlled Acts (O. Reg. 107/96)